The Foundation’s goals are to educate students and our community about the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. Scholarships are also awarded to assist individuals focusing their studies on the STEM pathways.
José M. Hernández Reaching for the Stars Foundation was formed in December 2005 and is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. In creating this foundation, José M. Hernández aims to ensure the opportunities for students to pursue their educational and professional goals regardless of obstacles. The efforts and goals of the foundation are designed to carry forward José’s aim of giving back to the community.
By awarding scholarships, the foundation focuses on helping students achieve their educational goals. An annual science Conference is designed to inspire youth to pursue occupations in the math and science fields. The foundation also looks to connect with the community to establish a network of resources to help children.
- Provide Educational Scholarships
- Quarterly STEM events to spark youth interest
- Annual STEM summer programs designed to inspire youth
- Connect with the community to establish a network of resources
- Science Blast
- Science Blast Community Day
- Student STEM Scholarships
- Summer Academy
- Touch Space