Science Blast Mentor Form
Science Blast is a one day out of school experiential learning event for 5th grade students. University and College students will be trained to lead one space science activity the day of the event. There are two separate events for two separate school districts.
- Stockton Unified School District (SUSD)
- Tracy Unified School District (TUSD)
You can volunteer for one or both events but to volunteer for that day you must attend 1 training session.
- Training date, time and location coming soon
No training is required to volunteer for the Science Blast Community Day event.
- Event date, time and location coming soon
You will receive a registration complete email once you have filled out this form.
The training session is about five hours. What you will learn:
- How the activities work
- About the science and engineering that accompanies the activity
Activities from Science Blast Community Day 2016:
- Model planetary processes (e.g. volcano flows, meteor impacts, etc.)
- Plan a science/engineering Mission to Space
Rewards of being mentors:
- Use new experiences in future events
- Eligible for tour of NASA AMES
- Can invite guest lecturers to speak at your university campuses
- Discuss NASA internship and coop opportunities
- Reference for college and employment applications
- Certificate of community service
- Personalized signed picture of José Hernández
- Eligible to meet with José Hernández
Thank you for your willingness to participate in the quality of education for a young child from our community!